THE VAMP UP PROJECT
The project "Vado Multimodal Platform rail/road terminal intermodal connections optimization and Upgrading (VAMP UP)" - Action 2015-IT-TM-0312-M is co-financed by DG Move within the CEF-Transport program.
The proposal was submitted to the CEF 2015 call by the Port Authority of Savona in partnership with Vado Intermodal Operator (VIO) spa, with the aim to support the improvement plan of the railway last mile of the port of Vado Ligure, through the execution of studies and works (civil and railway works, software development) to be implemented between 1 March 2016 and 31 October 2020.
The action is part of the Global Project for the enhancement of the multimodal node of Vado Ligure centered on the realisation of the port Multipurpose Platform (in operation since February 2020) and aimed at improving the connections between the node and the Rhine-Alpine and Mediterranean EU corridors.
Vamp Up contributes to the sustainability and competitiveness of the Trans-European Transport Network, by strengthening the accessibility from South to European markets, promoting the use of railways and promoting the integration between modes of transport.
Vamp Up Financial Elements
|Partner||Max Eligible Costs (€)||Max EU Contribution (€)|
The Vamp Up in 3 minutes
Project Management and Communication
Administrative management of the project, communication and dissemination of results.
- Construction of the connecting bridge.
- Construction of the road connection between the new port platform and the intermodal terminal
- Vado Ligure Intermodal Terminal railyard optimisation.
- Renovation of the rail tracks, construction of the railway gate and realisation of the terminal auxiliary systems.
-Vado Multimodal System last mile connection improvement preliminary analysis.
- Preparatory studies for the realisation of an IT railway management system, for the renewal of the Vado Zona Industriale Station rail facilities, and for the automation of the last mile signalling system.
- Multimodal Platform Railway Gate automation.
- Implementation of the gate automation system for the train flows control.
Proposal submission - 2015 CEF Call
Kick off meeting
Action Progress: 14%
Kick off conference
Action Progress: 76%
Action Progress: 90%
Connecting bridge completion
Action Progress: 98%
Railway Gate Automation implemented
Vamp Up Action completed