Ports of Genoa Volumes in November 2021

Ports of Genoa Volumes in November 2021

In November the Western Ligurian Sea Port Authority reported a 6% growth rate in total cargo throughput compared to the corresponding month of 2020 (up +10.7% from January-November) and a slight dip of -0.2% on 2019 (down -5.5% on the first eleven months of 2019).

Specifically, box throughput fell by -6.1% month-on-month to 214,580 TEUs, but rose by +4.8% on 2019, with a decrease of -1.3% in full-container gateway traffic on 2020 and a +11.7% increase on pre-pandemic November 2019. It is important to note that container volumes in the Ports of Genoa, Savona and Vado Ligure in the first eleven months of 2021 jumped to a total of 2,564,945 TEUs, posting +13% advance on 2020 and up +4.% on 2019, with 2021 poised to become a record year for the Ligurian container ports.

The conventional general cargo sector, composed of ro-ro and specialised traffic, remains stable at 1,224,442 tons, +0.9% and -3% respectively compared to November 2020 and 2019, and experienced a slight downturn on the upward trend registered to date, with a total of 13.7 million tons handled in the first eleven months of the year, that is, a +13.2% increase on last year's comparable period, but a -3% decline on 2019.

The liquid bulk industry reported a+ 25.5% rise in mineral oils on the corresponding month of 2020 and a -3% decrease on 2019; whilst vegetable oils and wine picked up by +54.1% and +25.7% respectively on November of the previous two years, and chemical handling activities fell by -1.9% month-on-month in 2020 and -27.4% in 2019. Solid bulk displayed a +2.4% growth rate on last year's comparable period, but a -16.3% setback on pre-Covid levels.
The passenger Ports of Genoa and Savona registered 133,090 passengers in November of this year, surging by +347.5% on the corresponding period in 2020 (down -43.4% on November 2019), and showing gradual signs of recovery.

MORE INFORMATION
Traffic Ports of Genoa – November 2021 >
Traffic Ports of Genova e Pra' – November 2021 >
Traffic Ports of Savona and Vado – November 2021 > 

Tag:
Share on  Facebook Share on  Twitter Share on  Linkedin