Also known as Palazzo delle Compere di San Giorgio, Palazzo San Giorgio is one of the most important and well-known historical buildings in Genoa, included in the list of Italian national monuments. For almost four centuries it was the seat of the Banco di San Giorgio (established in 1407), the world's most famous Genoese institution that was the first modern banking structure in Italy and probably also in Europe.
The Palazzo, a typical example of medieval civil architecture and beautifully frescoed, is located in the historical part of the city, a stone's throw from the Aquarium and in front of the Old Port. The space was recovered in the nineties and has become the most important tourist, cultural and service centre of the city.
Traditionally linked to the world of shipping, as the seat of the Port Authority of Genoa, Palazzo San Giorgio opens its doors to host other cultural events and conferences.
Rooms available for use are:
- Sala delle Compere
- Sala del Capitano
NOTE: The Sala delle Compere and the Sala del Capitano are located on the first floor of Palazzo San Giorgio. As this is a historic building, there are no lifts. To find out how to use the rooms of Palazzo San Giorgio, you can request information by email at the address email@example.com.